Thursday 15 September 2016

Looking back I clearly see (Life)

Hi everyone!


Hope everyone is doing great! I'm back and I haven't forgotten my readers.


1000 views in the space of a month, not bad, not bad, thank you to all. :-)


Yes, I know it's been a long time since my last post, too long in fact (nearly a month). It's been a busy time, occupying myself with the good stuff in life, it's been a good busy time. Taking the time to relax finally and write another post at the moment.


I've always been a dog person, every since I was young, I've known that for years, since I know myself (remember as many people would admit, very few would honestly admit they can't remember what they did at 4 years old).


So, this post is about a time before I can remember at 4 years old. My Mum recently related this story to me, about the time I was trusted over her by our pregnant dog Lulu. Lulu has long since passed from the world and this was a time before the prevalence of cameras and camera phones to endlessly document every important or interesting or mediocre moment of our lives today. As a result, I believe at this point the only picture I have of her, is in my memories, it is possible that she got snapped at some point in the background of a picture in later years, it would be a task to find the actually picture I guess.


Lulu, from what I remember was one of the most friendly dogs we ever had, beautiful, mischievous and protective of her young. My Mum relates the story as follows (as best as she can remember, it's been 25 years).


Lulu, having gotten pregnant by doing what dogs do best with a dog from the village, got very large in her pregnancy and resulted in her getting very irritable with my Mum whenever she brought food or water for her in her kennel. So much it happened that Lulu growled at my Mum every time she came near, but, me being the dog lover I am, some innate bravery or something Lulu could sense, was able to get near to her whenever she needed to be fed or watered.


Fascinated by Lulu's pregnancy, I visited her every chance I got and the day Lulu was ready to give birth, I was thankfully and luckily home at the time. (I honestly wish I can remember this) It turned out to be a painful birth for her, but all the puppies were delivered healthy and happy with me hovering over Lulu all protectively, with my Mum watching on from some distance away.


My Mum, also related that Lulu trusted me so much, that after every puppy was born, she pushed them my way to hold and clean. Such an awww moment right?


What a time for something like this to happen and not caught on video or camera, makes my heart sad.


I wish as well, I could say that there was more to the story, and I could've embellished it a little or a lot, but that's as best as my Mum could remember it and I preferred sticking to the facts as much as possible.


I should mention as well, the picture below is not of Lulu, it's a picture I found on www.pixabay.com, but it's fairly representative of the experience I had.


Till next time! :-)


Probably next time I'll write a post about the best dog I ever had Rocky.





No comments:

Post a Comment