Saturday 25 March 2017

Landing In London (Life)



Hey everyone,


Hope everyone's doing great!


I know, I know, it's been a freaking long time since I've posted last, just over six months I would say.


There are times I wish that I could just jump on a plane and fly to some distant part of the world away from all the troubles, the pain and the heartache. But that's life, you take the good with the bad and hope and pray it all balances out.


I've been on a plane exactly 8 times in my whole life. I should note at this point a couple things, one of which is that this represents both the journey to and from the final destination and the other is that I consider a plane, a proper plane to have a first class cabin, business class cabin and economy class cabin, not some chunky small propeller plane holding a few passengers. I have been on the small planes quite a few times in my life, not really memorable.


I've only ever used two airlines, one of which is BWIA (now Caribbean Airlines) and the other is British Airways. Coming from a Caribbean country, the options are limited when you're focused on getting to one destination, so I can't really say I have a whole load of flight experience. But, now my next trip is later this year, and I'm literally quivering in anticipation at my upcoming Virgin Atlantic experience. Literally my first time coming in contact with this airline, like a virgin 😏.


Virgin Atlantic, Richard Branson's baby, has been billed as having the sexiest air hostesses and just watching their 2010 commercial https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wu3TLdGRY9s makes me wonder why on earth haven't I flown on this airline before?


This is a short post admittedly, because how much can I write about Virgin Atlantic before even having the experience? The food menu looks deliciously gorgeous (mmm I could taste it now). Hoping against hope I get upgraded to First Class for no reason whatsoever. 😎 Of interest to note, Virgin has differentiated their cabins to other airlines by having the three grades as Upper Class, Premium Economy and Economy. All three preview videos on their YouTube channel look amazing. I don't know if different airlines have different classes of cabins like Virgin (something to explore in the future).


For some reason a couple weeks ago, I had the bright idea of, at some point during the flight, actually getting a picture with the cabin crew. I wonder how possible it would be? Definitely a goal to have I think.


Their customer service during booking of the flight was impressive and they actually put me on a window seat with a view (not of the plane's wing mind you). I'm hoping that the plane I'll be on gets fitted with wireless internet by the time I'm ready to fly, because Virgin Atlantic also indicated that they're going to be outfitting their entire fleet but they're not sure when they'll reach the plane I'll be on.


Fingers crossed.


That would be great wouldn't it? I could actually blog about my experience while I'm having it.


Till next time!


Be safe everyone! 😃😄






No comments:

Post a Comment